Monday, May 2, 2011

Stay Like this Four-eb-er.

The old adage is true that time goes by faster as you get older.  The truth of it is that I'm not even 30 and I'm already wishing it would slow down.  My baby boy turned 4 today.  I pick him up almost every morning and tell him that I want him to stay little "forever." Then he asks,  "Why do you want me to stay little "for-eb-er?"  Of course, he wants to get big and strong.  Then I say, "Someday you will be so big and strong that you will pick me up." Then he will wrap his arms around me and try to lift.  I know I will have a major meltdown the day my feet come off the ground.  So I sit here at my computer getting all sappy and emotional because,  Josiah is... 4.  I'm loving (almost) every minute of him right now.  He's so imaginative, talkative, inquisitive, and talkative.  
Today it was all about him.  I let him plan his day out.  They aren't quite in order and I didn't get us starting the day out at dunkin donuts per his request. There was no party today, but the events just kept coming.  I'll share a few pictures from the day.

His new Star Wars Mini-fig shirt.

The wall of legos 
Build your own mini fig station

He looks at every box carefully taking in all the details.
Lillian, well... I don't know.
Train ride around the mall.


They don't come much cuter.

 We went to Jungle Club (the gym) in the morning.  He loves the skeleton pirate costume.

We went to see Rio (angry birds) in the evening with daddy.
When we first walked in he got scared, screamed and ran out.  

I had to wait with him until the commercials were over. 
 A few pictures with mom cheered him up.

 Opening his dirtbike, bmx, skateboard set with ramps from Aunt Kandy and Uncle Todd.

Lillian holding a tiny 3 day old kitten. 

             Grammy came in town for Jojo's birthday and made an AWESOME cake.  It had a Star Wars Spaceship on it.  All he could do was stare at it for the first 45 minutes of being there.
(This was Sunday night)
 
Kaylenn's 9th birthday was on the 1st

Cutie Cora Crawling around at the party.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSIAH!!!
Love, mommy

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Love the title! looks like he had a fun day. and... oh my gosh....cora looks so big...and cute!!!

Jenn said...

This post made me teary eyed. Yes, try to enjoy everyday b/c your right it goes TOO FAST. It only seems like yesterday Nathanael was 4. Sniff. What a great day. These are the days I wish so deeply we lived closer to share them with you. Sniff. Sniff.

PS Is that kitten still alive?