Monday, January 9, 2012

Not enough Nims

The Nims family came and went. 
 Well, kind of, they ended up staying for 3 weeks.  What a great 3 weeks it was!  As much as I love seeing Jennifer and Brent, seeing our kids play together has really taken a piece of my heart.  Josiah likes playing with his friends, but he loves playing with his cousins. You know, the family love.  We went to the zoo, children's museum, and had days to just play around the house.  It was a first where Jennifer didn't have a million places to be and people to see.  So the time had a much more relaxed feel, not so much of the "visit" feel.
Noah would sing a "Mexico" song he made up and then Josiah would shoot him.  They had a blast. 
 Nathanael tolerated enjoyed the 2 older kids more this time.  He's still not fond of the baby.  
He just wants to adopt an older kid someday.

 Lillian made two new best friends... Nigel and Niko.  The Nims' pugs. She would play with them for hours... literally hours.  At one point she was too quite and we had forgot she was down there. (1st night actually) Brent checked on her just as she had Niko by the leash and a pair of open scissors, ready to cut off the ear.  She just wanted to cut her hair or as Josiah said, "be a broomer"...groomer.
 Noah lived in his camoflage get-up.  
 His awesome look at the zoo.
  I was fond of it.  Mainly because I lived in camouflage most of my elementary years.  So much that my mom made me a camo skirt, "blouse" and vest. 
Anyone remember that? 
 Josiah drawing a frog at the museum.

I was so glad that we had one evening to have a sisters night.
We went to Papa Roux and a movie.

I love you Nims and we will miss you while you are out galavanting around ;)

If you haven't check out their blog, Newschool Nomads, you really should! They are on an awesome adventure traveling around the US for a year in their trailer.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. It was such a blessing to see the cousins together. Jojo said he likes Star Wars and Harry Potter now because Noah is his very best friend. Will miss seeing everyone together. xo

jen said...

I totally remember your camo outfit. It was so funny that I still tell people about it every chance I get.

(Oh and I loved the pics of Cora in the previous post.)

All caught up now. Whew. I need to find a way to get your blog in my email.