Monday, February 28, 2011

little lamzy divey

There are many nice things about having a farmer in the family: fresh produce, good examples of self discipline and hard work, big tractors, four wheelers, and the best... animals! Yesterday we went to see two lambs that were born on Feb 14th.  SO CUTE!  Of course Lillian the animal Lover was excited to see the cuties. 





Josiah staying safely away.  He was scared to go in the barn.  go figure...
I was so excited to hold the lamb!
Jennifer, eat your heart out :)
 Neighbor Madison came with us.  oh and Sadie too.  The momma sheep didn't like Sadie so much.

This is one of the goats they keep for someone.  Todd told me he though it might've been $7000 for this goat, who knew!
Three of the goats are pregnant so I can't wait to see their babies!

Jojo keeping his safe distance.
(He's sitting in my lap now and just asked "why was I scared?")

side note: He is totally into watching the 1970's cartoon Godzilla and Godzuki on Netflix. 

These two images may be disturbing for a few.  The top one was a squirrel and the bottom one is deer legs.  Our 15yr old cousin likes to hunt.  Uncle Todd likes to scare Josiah with the animals he brings home.  Todd told Jojo that the deer legs wander around looking for their head.  Needless to say, Josiah ended up in our bed that night.  Thanks a lot Todd...



Last night the Jones family came over for a visit.  Oliver is getting so big.  He is now 17 months old and then there is the newest addition to their family, Maxwell!  He is so cute and little.  I wasn't able to get a great picture of the cutester. 


Of course, my post wouldn't be complete without a picture Miss Cora.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that was a lively post !!! Poor Jojo...scared because of those silly legs..Oh my gosh Cora is so cute. Such a big smile. Jessica's babies are adorable !!!! xoxox Mom

Jenn said...

Your right. I'm totally jealous!!!

(sounds like I do need to leave everything to start a goat farm!)