Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kids gone wild

So I've never claimed to know everything about parenting, but lately I'm starting to rethink my laid back ways.  This was a big fiasco we had not too long ago.  I swear the antics they pull only get bigger as they grow bigger.  This was one day where they were driving me crazy so I put them in my bath tub for confinement while I got ready for work.  I caught them once with the golf magazine in the tub and I pulled it out, shot off some threats that if they did it again they were getting out.  A few minutes later there was the ominous silence... this is what I walked into find. 
 "O black water"
 Wait. What's that on Jojo's head...PAPER
 I begin scooping it out by the hand full with Lillian's help

 It was just too much disintegrated paper.  I had to put a colander over the drain while I let the water out. then go back over the jets with a toothbrush.
Being bad is such tiring work...but wait we aren't done!
 The wipes box always provides plenty of entertainment. Especially when we are supposed to be napping.

 Yes, she is actually sleeping with wipes on her head.

Hope you smiled and are thanking God that you aren't me right now;)

7 comments:

Christine said...

I'm sorry Jessica, but I have to laugh when seeing this. They do love the wipes box. We have lots of dried up wipes in our back seat! The 2 of them are quite a team.

CHARLENE and MARK said...

Yep - thanking God that I'm not you. :) Thanks for sharing though. And thanks again for doing such a great job on my hair for the wedding. I'm getting better at styling it ... I think. :)

Unknown said...

I Love it! It great seeing the dynamic duo be kids, I sometimes forget what it was like when I too was their age. God will always give you the patience as your a fantstic parent, photographer and storyteller.

The innocence of a sleeping child is bliss, even amongst destruction.

Neighbor Fred

Jenn said...

Hilarious!!!! I think you should call them Thing 1 and Thing 2. Have they read Cat in the Hat yet?

Jessica said...

Thanks for all of your fun comments!

Christine- I wish there was an alternative to wipes, but TP proves to be just as big of a problem.

Charlene-I had such a good time being asked by the most calm bride in the WORLD to do her not-fair-perfectly-curly-God-given hair!

Fred- You normally come home right around melt down time. Maybe I should send them to your tidy home :) As far your quote I think it was referring to war, but war or Kissel home, it's all the same!

Jenn- I don't want to give them anymore ideas.

Anonymous said...

I am suprised they didn't end up as paper mache figurines ! Xo mom

Trisha said...

This is just too funny. I remember you mentioning the kids did this, but didn't realize how much magazine paper there really was! Save these pictures. It will be lots of laughs later.