Sunday, August 29, 2010

California Girls

Lillian and I had a wonderful time visiting the Nims out in California.  It was the perfect blend of spending time with family and relaxing.  It's nice to visit out there because I've seen most of the stuff to see so we can just focus on hanging out and not entertaining.  Although, I must say I probably am a very boring house guest.  Lillian did great on the flights out there (besides slightly pooing on my pants) and the flights back (besides literally vomiting her brains out all over me after a mechanical plane change and rerouting around weather).  Luckily I didn't check baggage so we had clothes to change into.


The beautiful Auntie Jenn with Miss Lillian.  
Jennifer says, "I never really wanted a girl because I wouldn't know what to do with one.  Lillian, she's not very girly though, she's more of a brute"

We had a lot of fun at this farm.  Lillian loved the animals. We picked our own fruit.  The raspberries were perfectly sweet!

Nathanael liked riding in the wagon.


We spent a few hours a couple of days at their Taekwondo studio.  It was really neat to watch and I'm glad I got to see what they like to do as a family.  I saw all of them test for the next belt up.  Noah is good at his freestyle. Nathanael and Brent both very good at their form.  Jennifer is fun to watch spar.  Brent says, "Were you surprised to see Jenn sparring?" Me, "No, I've experienced it first hand before" :)

We spent a nice evening at the beach. 






Just incase I've never mentioned it before Lillian LOVES cats!!!  She was infatuated with Sonny and he did a good job putting up with her.  She also loved playing with Nigel and Niko.  






Noah and Lillian watching Finding Nemo together.  She had lots of fun wrestling and chasing with Noah.

This was hilarious to watch.  It was just her and I though.  She went around to everything on this outdoor patio pulling her dress up and saying,"Potty, peepee"

Our last couple hours at the Santa Barbara zoo before getting on the plane.



"Sisters"

Thank you Nims for such a great weekend.  I love you all so much!

ps. thanks for all the delicious food.  check out some of the nims recipes at Jenn's girl hero blog.  Their cooking is insanely yummy.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Awww!!! We miss you guys already!!! Please come back. I think Sunny even misses Lillian...or not.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you girls getting together.Couple more years and you will be out with Baby Kissel 3.
Great picture of Jen and Lil. Mom