Sunday, November 20, 2011

Halloween 2011

I'm finally getting around to posting Halloween.  I went to Jojo's school on Halloween.  He was excited to get to wear his power ranger costume.  The school had a huge parade.  I thought it was just going to be his little class parading around the room.  Nope, apparently this is a was a big deal.  All the students and teachers were way dressed up and there were about 100 parents watching.  Yikes!


I'm the "room mom" for his class.  Man, does that sound old.  I threw the party not knowing what in the heck to do with preschoolers.  Just so you know, never in my life have I wanted to be a teacher, babysitter, or any occupation that involves children.  It went fairly well.   The next day I thanked one of the mom's (I grew up with her) for bring goody bags.  She asked me "Who IS the room mom?"  "Uh, well, that's me." She gave me a hug and said, "OH GIRL, I'm so sorry!"  There's only room to go up from here;) 
Jo's class dressed up.

Then came the evening.  It was crazy to start.  Neither of my kids wanted to wake up from their nap, eat dinner, or get dressed up.  really?  Then the phone calls started on when we were stopping by. Not the normal pre-trick or treating hype I remembered.  oh well. 
Cora wasn't too dressed up.  She had a tutu, wings, and a jacket thing that didn't stay on.  She was cute enough to begin with ;)
When we showed up at the Hellers, Todd told us Aunt Kandy wasn't there...
Of course, the kids loved the deer head.  "Deer Heads" somehow make it into our daily conversation.  It's a fixation that has lasted much longer that I would've ever imagined. 
Aunt Kandy with the kiddos.
She loved being dressed up.
Stopped by June Bug's for some treats!



This power ranger costume was a real ordeal.  I went to 6 stores looking for a certain one!  Who knew Power Rangers were still in demand.  I finally found this one (only one on shelf), but it wasn't the SAMURI  Ranger.  The clerk said, "oh, he wants to be a ninja? we have those over here." I looked at him like he's from Mars and asked, "Do you have kids...?" I knew I couldn't get it because I would be totally wrong and ruin his life for not buying the right costume. So we did the next best thing.  Grant took him at 10am the next morning so that he could pick it out on his own.

Lillian asked "Do you have dogs?" at each and every house.  Her "treat" was getting to see people's animals.  Some people invited her in, some dogs ran up to her, and then we hit the jackpot.  A lady brought out three of her dogs, let Lil pet each one, and the last one had a costume and pink hair!  Lillian was in heaven on Halloween.

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

Emily said...

"Do you have dogs?" - That cracks me up!!! The kids are cute! Lil looks so pretty in her costume!

mary @ trusty chucks said...

The NPE Halloween parade is big time...I did it when I was there. I remember one year Ericka Ward dressed up as a table. And she kept running in to things because she was A TABLE.

Jessica said...

Mary- that's so funny. I can only imagine a miniature Ericka as a table.

Emily- It was so cute! I wish I would've had my video camera for it.