Monday, April 11, 2011

Cora's Dedication

I can't believe we have already had Cora's dedication ceremony. Since Grant and I have pretty much decided that our family is complete there have been many bitter-sweet moments.  This was a big one for me.  The dedication ceremony at our church is something that has meant so much to me and I feel is a very special moment for us as parents.  Our church does such a beautiful evening ceremony for our dedications.  It's a time that Grant and I really come together as parents and profess that "Yes, we want to raise and direct our child in the way of the Lord." It's one thing to think it and another to stand up in front of our family and friends and put ourselves out there to be held accountable for the way we raise our children.  It almost feels like a "right of passage" into parenthood.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing my beautiful little girl to prayerfully someday turn into a beautiful woman of God. 




She is such a happy little girl now!
My mom and dad totally surprised us from returning from their "radiation vacation" just to come to Cora's dedication.  Josiah was playing in his playroom (at 8:30 in the morning) when he just said "weewa."  I walked around the corner and there they were!  Thank you so much and I love you!


G-Grandma "June Bug" and Grandpa Webb
G-Grandma Lillian
G-Aunt Kandy
Notice Cora pulling Lillian's hair.  Ha, sisters!

Lillian and her papaw

G-Grandma Star and Don were there, but somehow managed to escape the paparazzi.

Father, We lift Cora up to You.  We pray that she may follow You in all Your ways.  That she may be a light unto the world.  That her tiny hands will one day grow up to serve others and serve You. Lord, we pray that her heart will give the love that You have placed in her to all of the nations, that her feet will walk wherever You lead her, that her eyes will see where You are needed, and that her lips will speak nothing but Your words.  Please watch over her.  Lead, guide and direct us as her parents so that we may lead her in Your ways.  All of this we pray in Jesus' name, amen


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cora is so blessed to have you and Grant as her parents. Dad and I are so blessed knowing that you and Grant are going to raise your family under God's guidance and love. I was so happy we surprised you !!! Love, Mom xo

Trisha said...

love the pictures. Cora is so sweet. It sounds like they really do a baby dedication at PC. I loved the words at the end of your post! What a wonderful reminder. I may just have to write that down to keep!

Jenn said...

What a sweetie. Your bangs look awesome!

Jenn said...

Also wanted to say loved the prayer. You're a good mama and I'm proud you're my little sister!