Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tick Tock

So it's been a week now, but I feel it's official enough to share. Josiah has said his first word. Last Sunday he was in the nursery at church and when we picked him up they said that he said, "Clock". Now if they told me he had said shoe, shirt, or toy I wouldn't have thought it could be true for a second. But, since he was about five or six months old his favorite picture in his picture word book has been the red and yellow clock, so much that he usually felt the need to give it a kiss. This past month or so he has pointed at every clock that we pass. So anyway, as they were handing him to us he pointed to the one on the wall and said it again, "clock". Now, I usually tend to be a skeptic and want to know that my child is really doing something before I go and tell the world. So later on that day he pointed at my dad's wristwatch and at a round thermometer on my mom's porch and repeated it. So I thought good I have some confirmation. Well, he was proud of himself and he kept saying it, but while pointing at everything else in sight. As the week went on he kept saying something like "clock" but not quite as clear. So today when we picked him up from the church nursery a different worker said, "Boy, he sure does like clocks, he's been pointing and saying it all morning long." So it was then I decided that after a week of trying to figure out if he really new what he was saying, "clock" became his first official word.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

That's hilarious. Maybe you should have him a clock b-day party!!!