Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's a....

Sorry, I'm a week late sharing our good news. We went to the doctor last Tuesday for our ultrasound. I was really anticipating this appointment because it's when Grant was going to let me know on whether we were finding out the sex. This time it was his decision on whether to find out or not because I was adamant on not finding out with Josiah. So we went in and the baby looked wonderfully healthy, but Grant still wouldn't make up his mind. He told the tech that he wanted to see if he could tell on his own. Finally our appointment was over and Grant asked the ultrasound tech to put what the baby was in an envelope. So we get out in the car (I'm driving) Grant is putting the envelope up to the window trying to read what it says. Finally about 20 minutes of being in the car he opens it up. I'm so mad because I don't want to find out the gender of my baby while driving on 465. I wouldn't let him tell me because I knew I would be emotional when I found out. So we had to continue driving for another 20 minutes. He said the reason he wanted it in an envelope was so that he could be that one to tell me what the baby was. I thought that was sweet. So when we get to our destination he had me get out of the car and that's when he told me, "It's a girl!". I couldn't believe it so I had to see the paper myself. It's been a week now and it's finally starting to sink in. We both thought that it was a boy. We're excited for Josiah to have a little sister. Of course we just can't picture a girl at this point. She's already much calmer. She doesn't kick and move all the time. We are now halfway through the pregnancy and we just can't wait to meet her.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

yay! so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Is she going to have a middle name, or do you want her to be like her mom ;) ?

Unknown said...

I'm very, very excited that my son is going to have a daughter. Love, Mom.