Friday, February 7, 2014

Last Day

On the last day our flight didn't leave to mid afternoon so we were able to enjoy half a day at Hollywood Studios again. We were able to check our bags and get our boarding passes at our resort.  That was fantastic because then we could hop on the ferry and enjoy the last few hours we had stress free!

We arrived at the park early so Grant and I would split up and get a fast pass to Toy Story Mania and sign up for Jedi Training.  Too late.  Even though we arrived early they had already opened the gates.  So the Jedi training line was already super deep and the Toy Story fast passes were already pass when our flight left.  bummer.   

We went ahead and jumped into the 30 minute standby line for Toy Story Mania.  It is said to have the  longest average wait time of rides in the park.  So we took advantage of our early arrival.  
It was a lot of fun. We had a fast pass for it the first day, but since that day was cut short we didn't stay for our ride time.

This is where it got good!  Lillian loves all things scary and exciting. The Tower of Terror being no exception.  We had a fast pass and while waiting in the spooky corridors she was telling the lady behind us that she LOVED scary things and wanted to sleep with RATS. 
The ride itself was a nightmare of a ride for me.  It pulls you up 13 stories, I believe, so you are looking out a window that overlooks the park.  Then it drops you... then it pulls you back up... and drops you again... and again... and again.  Each time you don't know how far it's going to let you fall or how many times it's going to pull you back up. 
 I was screaming my head off!
Lillian was sitting very stoic with a coy smile on her face the whole ride!
I have a funny ride picture I"ll share with you when I get the chance.

After we got off I wasn't sure what she was going to say.
Lillian said, "I didn't scream.  Everyone else was screaming, not me, but my body is still shaking." Then she wanted to get back in line.
She is a brave girl.

Before we started out on our trip I had in my mind that I was going to let the kids get their faces painted.  That is something they always want to do, but I don't allow because 3 faces x $$ =  $$$$.
Each day I would get disappointed about not doing it so it became one of my weird priorities on the last day.  Grant just didn't understand until he saw how happy the girls were.
Princess Kitty Cora
Cheetah Lillian




Do I look scary?
At the airport.

So that pretty much wraps up our Disney trip.  
I'm already thinking about our next trip :)  

 I'll try to catch up on things from Halloween through Now!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Lillian had told me that the tower of terror wasn't scary for her. She thought it was fun. What a girl!Love the face painting.

Weewa said...

The paintings are so pretty. Looks like everyone had the best time ever...even Grant ;)
Good thing about Lillian being brave is that you are going to have someone to ride those scary rollercoasters with when she get older.