Thursday, January 9, 2014

Epcot. Past and Present Disney.

Finally, I'm able to get a post up here.  

I personally think Epcot is great for kids of all ages. 
 When people say it's too science/learning oriented they either haven't  been there in the past 10 years or they don't like learning.  

We had so much fun and once we realized it was a 3 minute walk from our resort it made me wish we had purchased the park hoppers.

This was definitely a park where we very thankful for having the magic bands.  Some of the rides there are wildly popular.

Grant was awesome taking the stroller pushing duty the whole trip.
However, he still walked too fast for me.

Early morning. The sun was directly in our eyes.
The back entrance to the park was empty. 
Lillian and I building her car in Test Track.  
Her and I waited with Cora until Grant and Josiah went through.  
The line to it was incredible.  When we first walked up it was a 15 min standby wait time.  In the time I waited for Grant it went up to 2hours and the fast pass line sold out.  
The experience leading up to the ride was cooler and funner than the actual ride.  

Ariel's ride.
Grandpa and Grandma met us at Epcot.
 I will post more pictures of them once I get my photopass+ on my computer.


 Cooling off.
 One of Josiah's highlights of the trip.
Club Cool: flavors from around the globe.
Even though most of them weren't that great,
 he loved that he had the opportunity for unlimited refills.

 That's a "real" smile

There were some other highlights from Epcot that I didn't catch a photo of.

Soarin' = awesome
We were in line for at least 45 minutes with our fast pass+.  Can't imagine waiting in the probably 3+ hour line for it.  It was cool though.  You hanglided over the coast of California, complete with wind, drops, and smells. Fun!

Turtle Talk with Crush (from Nemo)
one word: HILARIOUS!
Probably one of my favorite moments.  I was laughing so hard.  I literally had tears rolling down my face.  It was an interactive "talk" with the sea-weed smoking, surfer turtle from Nemo.  One of the people he had a conversation with was from Indiana. That was the icing on the cake. 
 It was cool technology and filled with Adult humor.  

Spaceship Earth aka the big silver golf ball
That was my goal of Epcot. To go into the ball.
We were almost in to it until.... wait. It closed.
They had everyone leave the line so we went and took some pictures and on the way to another ride... it was reopened, with no line!
I've always heard that it was a lame ride.  Not much action, but I LOVED IT. 
I felt like I as experiencing the magic of the original Disney goers.  The animatronics were probably very far out and amazing in their day.  It was a great time to sit and enjoy the vision that Disney had when he started on his theme park adventures.  Then it ended with a wonderful backward decent of star gazing.  I was very sentimental this whole trip and this one for some reason choked me up.  
If you go and ride this one. Go with no expectations. Because you might not be on the same emotional rollercoaster I was on and think it was slow and unmemorable. 

It was yet another successful day.

2 comments:

Emily said...

All of your Disney posts bring back my own awesome memories at Disney World. I am living vicariously through them! I want to go back!

Weewa said...

Glad to see some more of your trip. Dad and I really enjoyed Epcot. My favorite was the Soar. Looks like Jojo was in drink heaven. Can't wait to see more pictures.