Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Breakfast with Santa

Nope, the jolly man in the middle is not Santa.
That's my Uncle John and Aunt Christine! They don't let a week go by where they don't see their Little People.  When Christine let me know they were having a breakfast with Santa it sounded like a good, non-scary way to check out St. Nick. 

 craft time
 Christine doing up the biscuits and gravy
 Cora is always about the food.
 Lillian enjoyed seeing santa.
She asked for:
A Hello Kitty set with 2 beds &
A Barbie house with 5 beds
Interesting, she doesn't play with Kitty or Barbie...

 Josiah asked for guns, I think.
His List to me earlier this season:
1. Pellet gun
2. Ball Python
3. Lighter
We let him down softly and told him he could put those on his list again when he was 16

 If I cover my eyes he'll just go away
Cora didn't cry.  It just took a moment for her to warm up to him.
 Ok, he's still there. I'll take a peek.
 Did I hear I get a treat?
 My three little loves.
This is my favorite photo.  She looks so enchanted by Santa.

Every year I'm not sure how I really feel about Santa. How much should I expose them? How real should he seem? Should he seem real at all? 

Then we take a trip to see the guy and the kids enjoy it. 
That's when I'm reminded of how I felt those few short years where Santa was so real and the excitement that came with along with his arrival.

I'm confident I won't damage the children (too bad) and that they will grow up knowing that Jesus is the real celebration of Christmas and that is what they will hold onto that for the rest of their lives. 

Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: