Sunday, June 17, 2012

Gatlinburg TN

John and Alma took us all on a vacation to Gatlinburg.  We had nothing short of an awesome time!
Being the "realist" that I like to think that I am, I had low expectations.  I was sure I was going to enjoy the time with out of town family. I was not sure on how much I was going to enjoy my own immediate family.  All the kids did wonderful!   Bedtime, nap time, quite time, busy time... they rocked it all! 
Lots of pictures here today so I'll just get to it.

Behind some of the condos was a really fun ditch creek.  
They were working on building a dam.


 One day the ladies took the kids into Gatlinburg.  

 Lillian.
 Mayfield's ice cream break.
Who doesn't love a carousel!
For some reason I tear up every time I ride a carousel with my kids.  I think because when I'm on one I feel like I'm still a kid and then it hits me and I get overwhelmed that I was blessed with kids of my own.


 We went go karting, laser tagging, and arcading for Savannah's 5th birthday.

 Playing cards.

 Josiah loves babies... especially Mallory!
 Savannah's cake
 One night we had Kate and Lillian spend the night together while Jojo and Savannah had a night at her condo. (no cora did not sleep in that bed with them)

 M&M pancakes with Peanut butter syrup.  
Lil's face says it all.
 The Pancake Pantry is a must if you are in G-burg. 
Get there early or you will wait in line. I had sweet potato pancakes with cinnamon maple syrup.
The "train" that ran around our resort.

I will have another post coming.  
For some other great picture check out here and here.

Thank you so much John and Alma for giving us great memories we will never forget!!!

1 comment:

mary @ trusty chucks said...

I love that Grant still has to sit at the kids' table. Typical.