Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Don't muckwith these Mommies

A few weeks ago some of my girlfriends and I got together for a little bit of fun in the mud.  We headed up to Anderson for a girls night, mexican dinner and some dancing in the hotel room.  Then bright and early the next morning we headed on over to the course.   The Mudathalon is a three mile course through the woods and fields with all kinds of obstacles on the way.  Some were simple, some were challenging, and some we simply couldn't do.  The one thing that was for certain they were easier when we worked as a team.  

Jess, Amanda, Me  and Erin
 This picture doesn't do the mud pit justice.  This must be the very beginning of it.  It was so deep and sticky.  We crawled through it on our hands and knees and went under the flags.


 Mother Muckers.  
I wish I had a picture of our shirts clean.



 Dads don't come any cooler than this.
 The water was FREEZING!  
I heard from another girl that when she finished later in the day the water trucks were out so they had to wash off in the creek.
My souvenir.  
I've never had poison ivy in my life.  WEll,  this was gnarly.  This picture doesn't even do it justice.  I had to get some steroids to clear it up.  

No comments: