Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baby K's 20 wk

I  can't believe I'm just now putting up Baby K's ultrasound pictures.  I wanted to make sure I tried to give this one the same attention.  I guess that is every mom's intentions for each new baby.  So far I've only taken one weekly belly shot (that was week 14) and the pregnancy calendar  is a little bit more bare.  The thing of it is this baby doesn't give us much to talk about.  So far it is very calm.  The baby curls up in a big ball in the morning so I can feel and see it.  Then kicks a little here and there.  Last night was one of it's busiest evenings.  That might have been due to a brisk walk followed by choco milk and a turtle brownie though.  I actually have to say I haven't even seen an actual kick yet.  Big difference from Jojo and a small difference between Lillian.  I'm not complaining though because so far our babies have behaved the way they were in the womb.  I can't wait to see this baby.  I love not knowing the sex.  It's so exciting and I really have no idea what gender it is.  Don't even bother asking.  I have no, nada, zip maternal instincts/feeling of what sex it is.  Even if I did it would be wrong since I was wrong with both of the others.    
Grant was able to come to the ultrasound with me.  The baby was very calm.   The tech thought that it might've even gone to sleep during it.  She said it's probably already used to a lot of noise and bumping and prodding.  Everything looked very healthy and the measurements matched right up to the due date. She didn't even get a shot of what the sex was until the very end.  No, she does not write it down anywhere so not even Dr. T knows.   Enjoy looking at the little one.

"Hello Everyone"

High Five

I'm getting bigger and stronger

I love this leg shot.  I've never had one so good of the legs.

One belly shot I wish I would've taken was the day of my ultrasound.  I had fallen asleep outside in my bikini for an unknown amount of time the day before.  My stomach was so burned that it was purple.  As bad as it hurt is was pretty hilarious and humiliating.  Dr. T said she saw a lot of burned legs but not a lot of burnt bellies.  It was the kind that I would tell some one I burnt my tummy and they would laugh. Then I would show them and it would turn into a sympathetic "oh."  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting !! I can't wait :) Mom xo

Anonymous said...

No matter the sex of the baby, we will absolutely love it. Boy or Girl. It is a gift from heaven to you and Grant. Love, Mom.
Can't wait to see the little one.

Jenn said...

Awwww. Look at herm!!!!! :-)

Jessica said...

Is "herm" a mix of him and her or are you just using an abbreviation for hermaphrodite?