Tuesday, September 1, 2009

a BIG week

We had two major milestones happen in our this week. Lillian is now walking and Josiah is potty training! Lillian woke up on Thursday morning and decided she wanted to walk. I could tell from her determination that day that there was no turning back. She has a really cute walk. Her feet turn in some so she was tripping on her own feet. Well, she figured out that if she walked with her legs far apart her feet won't touch. It is so cute to see her toddle along. I'm hoping her feet will correct themselves as she gets better at walking.
When I dropped her off at the nursery in church I let them know that she had started walking. The worker(who I call the Nursery Nazi)said," Ok, she won't go to the "walkers" room until about a month after her birthday. When I picked her up the lady(NN) said, "I can't believe she's only been walking since Thursday. She's really getting around. You might want to send her to the "walkers" room around her birthday."
It feels that she is getting too big too fast. Luckily, she'll still let me hold her tight and snuggle her. I really am excited for her to get around even faster though. She's going to look so cute in her birthday dress walking around her party!
So a week ago Sunday we decided to see if Jojo was ready for the toilet. Grant went to work, Lillian was at Christine's, so it was just Josiah and I. I took his diaper off and told him it was the last time he was going to wear a diaper. I didn't mean it until I said it. Then I thought,oh my gosh, this really could be the last one. So anyway, the morning was going so well, but after his nap he only had two accidents the rest of the day. Then last Monday he had two accidents in the morning and those were that last ones he had for a whole week!!
His clean streak ended last night while he was outside playing by himself. Of course, it had to be a poopy at that. He just stopped and I could tell something was wrong. I asked him and he yelled, " I pooped!" He walked back to me so funny because he was so uncomfortable. He was slightly upset and asked for dry pants.
I think this is funny. When he poops on the toilet he tells me to leave and then sits there and reads. Then he'll yell for me. Or one time I heard him moving around and he was standing there, "wiping my bottom."
I can't believe how smooth it has been going. I'm so proud of him. It kind of makes me sad though because he's a big boy and not my baby in diapers. I love seeing his little bum in his whitey tighties though.
This is another fuzzy picture that makes me laugh. He was running and jumping at me as I snapped the shot. I didn't even know that I got a picture until I checked my camera. This would be a fun one to photoshop and turn into an evil alien.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You did have a BIG week. Those are some serious milestones.

Man I miss you guys. Those pictures of Lillian make me sad. Last time I saw here she was just a little larva. ;)